On August 5, 2002, the deacons brought their recommendation for Rev. Rayfield Walker to become pastor of Beth Salem Baptist Church and it was posted.
Rev. Walker gave the church a letter of acceptance on September 1, 2002.
Under the leadership of Rev. Walker, the church has continued to grow in the Spirit of Christ, in attendance, and in giving through the principle of tithes and offerings.
The pastor worked with the deacons and purchased land on Garland Street to enlarge the church if need be.
Several committees have been formed under his leadership:
- A monthly newsletter
- Beth Salem Vital Development (B-SAVD). On March 1,2003, Beth Salem’s Association for Vital Development (B-SAVD) was established to support various youth projects and community, partnered with East Arkansas Enterprise with several youth projects such as:
- The Body Walk
- Home Town Health Network
- Delta Center on Aging
- The March of Dimes
The church now has its own web site: www.bethsalem.org.
Our church ministry has continued to bond thru fellowship by having picnics, taking trips to Washington, D. C. again in 2013, and Atlanta, Georgia in 2014.
The Beth Salem Baptist Church community involvement includes:
- The Beth Salem Baptist Church Scholarship and the Denise and Rayfield Walker Scholarship
- Assisting residents at the shelter in Forrest City
- Donating to Hospice
- Donating to Crest Park Nursing Home
- Donating to the Food Pantry
- Headquarter for support of NAACP
- Headquarter for support of The W.O.R.D (WHOLENESS,ONENESS, RIGHTEOUSNESS, & DELIVERANCE).
- The Word Program is a research project to figure out the best ways to help people lose and maintain their weight through growing closer to God.
Several ministers have been ordained in Beth Salem Baptist Church down through the years also.
Our church is insured by church mutual, and our treasurers are bonded.
Thank God we have come a long way. Let us continuously grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.